- Vaccinations:Every pet must have a current vaccination prior to checking-in. Pets that have not been vaccinated for more than 12 months must be vaccinated no less than ten (10) days before checking-in for boarding, day-care or day spa activities. If your pet is due for their updated vaccination, we are happy to arrange the vaccination for you. It is the Owner’s responsibility to ensure that current records have been received by The Pets Hotel prior to your arrival date. Refusal often offends.
- Required vaccinations are as follow:
- Cats Require: - F3 Vaccination. This vaccination covers Feline Enteritis and Cat Flu.
- Dogs Require: - C5 Vaccination. This vaccination covers Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Para influenza and Boardatella bronchiseptia.
1. Dogs that receive the new 3 yearly vaccination must still have a yearly canine cough vaccination.
2. The Pets Hotel, nor any pet service facility accepts responsibility for dogs contracting Canine Cough. For more information see ‘CANINE COUGH INFORMATION’ and ‘CANINE VACCINATION INFORMATION SHEET’ or talk to our friendly staff.
- Flea and Worm Treatments: All pets must have had recent flea and worm treatment not more than 1 month prior to check in as per the Victorian Code of Practice for Boarding Kennels and Catteries. Any dogs coming into the kennel that are found to have fleas or worms will receive immediate treatment at the cost of the owner. Tick treatment must be up to date for pets arriving from regions susceptible to ticks.
- Safe Transfer: Your pet's safety is important, therefore, ALL pets entering and exiting The Pets Hotel must be on a leash or in a carrier until they are in the control of a Pet Attendant. The Pets Hotel provides identification collars upon arrival, therefore, all carriers, leashes, collars and harnesses will be returned to owner upon check-in.
- Entire Dogs: If your Dog is either an Entire male or female, they will not be played with other dogs. It is not a reflection on the dog himself/herself, as entire animals can be extremely social and well behaved. It is more so because the dynamics of the packs' of dog’s changes considerably and therefore makes it an unstable environment and can lead to fights. We have duty of care to all clients and will endeavour to do our best to assess all dogs to find them suitable playmates. Their playtimes will be one dog per section of Central Bark and will be given the same time as a group. Due to hygiene issues we do not accept Entire cats.
- Hours: The Pets Hotel provides 24 hour care to your pets; however the standard reception hours are between 7:00am and 6:30pm Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm Saturday and Sunday. Reception service can be provided outside of these hours with prior arrangement (Fees apply). Facility tours will be conducted daily between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. Pets are not allowed on the tours.
- Reservations: Bookings will be taken upon payment of a $50.00 or 20% non-refundable booking fee (whichever is greater). The booking fee is refundable if cancellations are made no later than 20 days prior to arrival in holiday season and 10 days prior in off-peak season. We have a 10-day minimum booking over the Christmas holiday season. There is a 7-day minimum booking over Easter and a two-day minimum over long weekends. We accept cash, EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. All credit transactions will incur a 1.25% surcharge (including American Express). If you require accommodation during school holidays it is advisable to book early. Please make us aware if someone other than yourself is picking- up your pet, as a matter of security pets will not be check-out to people who we are not expecting.
- Due to high demand we require a $50.00 or 20% booking fee (whichever is greater) that is only refundable if cancelation is confirmed 48 Hours in advance of the booking made. This stands for any Dog and Cat Presidential suites, Dog Petzecutive suites or Dog and Cat Family suites booked.
- Rates: All rates are based on twin share accommodation. The Pets Hotel has a buddy policy which we recommend for most dogs. We match dogs according to size, age and activity level, and then we monitor them to ensure there are no "personality clashes". Some dogs must be boarded on their own due to size, temperament or breed characteristics. A single supplement may be charged on weekends and in peak seasons if single accommodation is required. You are charged for the first day of boarding regardless of the time that you check-in. Your check- out day is free, if you check-out prior to 10.00am.
- Health Care: The health and safety of your pet is important to us, therefore if your pet becomes sick or is injured during their stay, The Pets Hotel will seek Veterinary treatment. All Veterinary accounts will be required to be paid by the pet's owner as outlined in the boarding Agreement
- Food and Medication: Food. TPH feeds premium quality foods that do not contain preservatives or additives. If your pet has special dietary requirements we will feed your own food as long as it is prepackaged in each serving size with your pets name on it. Special Feeds are charged at $1.50 per serving. Medication: - The Pets Hotel will administer oral and topical medications at a rate of $1.50 per dosage, unless it is for Eye or Ear treatment which will incur a $2.50 charge per dosage (as these take more time to administer to the pets). The Pets Hotel can only accept medication that is directly labelled by the prescribing veterinary clinic. Medications that do not have a clear, unaltered veterinary label displayed on the packaging cannot be accepted or administered. This does not include off the shelf natural, homeopathic or alternative treatments.
- Exercise: The Pets Hotel aim is for every VIP to have a fun-filled time whilst in our care. To ensure this is met, we include a daily Playtime as a standard service for all dogs. Additional activities are available. See our services menu. Cat plays are not automatic as some cats are not fond of handling. However if you have a cat who loves to cuddle and play, these sessions can be booked.
- Bedding and Belongings: The Pets Hotel provides every pet with clean and comfortable bedding and a variety of safe toys. To maintain our high standard of safety and sanitization we cannot accept any pet belongings. However we can accept a small reminder of you e.g. old T- Shirt. Please be aware that this item may be destroyed or lost, The Pets Hotel holds no responsibility for any items brought in to the facility with any pet. No items will be returned. We suggest not bringing in anything at The Pets Hotel that would be missed or is expensive. Again no items will be returned.
- General: The Pets Hotel reserves the right to refuse admittance to any pet who does not have proof of current vaccination, displays signs of having a contagious condition or demonstrates aggressive behaviour. Our prices, policies and hours are not negotiable and are subject to change without notice. Pet images may be viewed on the World Wide Web through pet cam. No scheduled viewing time will be guaranteed. Any images taken of pets' while in the care of our team, are owned by The Pets Hotel and subject to copyright.
- Bathing: Your dogs will spend much of their time playing, as a result they will become dirty. To ensure your dog returns home feeling, looking and smelling like a V.I.P. All dogs who stay one night or more at The Pets Hotel must receive a bath at a cost of $20 for small dogs and $30 for large dogs.
The Pets Hotel Vet Authority
The Pets Hotel will obtain Veterinary assistance should it be necessary whilst my pet is in their care. All expenses incurred will be invoiced to and payable by the owner as legally required in Part 5 Domestic (Feral & Nuisance) Animals Act.
On very rare occasions pets may suffer from conditions that require extensive Veterinary care and treatment. As a result these treatments can be very expensive. For example, if your dog suffers gastric torsion (bloat) and requires emergency surgery then this treatment can incur an expense of between $7,000 to $10,000.
The Pets Hotel will make every effort to contact you in these emergencies, however in the event that you are not contactable it is important that you provide your emergency contacts with detailed instructions, regarding your directions in relation to spending limits and any decisions that need to be made for humane reasons on your behalf.
Two emergency contacts who are authorised to make these decisions must be provided to The Pets Hotel with every stay. If The Pets Hotel are unable to recive a response from either the owner or emergency contact, The Pets Hotel reserves the right to take action and do what is best for you pets.
The invoice for the Veterinary consult and treatment will be charged on the day to the credit card provided. A Veterinary Bond of $300.00 is to be provided on check in by the client for any booking where a credit card is not provided.