In these strange times, you’d be forgiven for thinking every man/women and his/her dog (pun intended) has bought a cute new kitten or puppy. As pet lovers ourselves, that’s something we naturally welcome, especially given most of us are working from home and have more spare time than ever to nurture these newest additions to our family! Once normal life eventually returns as it no doubt will and we begin travelling or working from the office again, it’s nice to know there’s a great place your furry friends can stay. Whether you need a long-awaited post Coronavirus getaway or a short break from parenting duties, The Pets Hotel in Port Melbourne and our partners at The Pets Hotel Country Club in Lara will ensure they have a great time in our luxurious pet suites (more traditionally known as a dog kennel and cattery). Here’s a few ways we’ll make them feel right at home:
Keen to learn more about our resort-style Cat and Dog Suites at The Pets Hotel and Pets Hotel Country Club? Contact our friendly team of furry friend lovers on (03) 9646 3696, they’ll love to hear from you!
Everyday life as we know it has changed a lot in recent weeks, as the fast-moving coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads across the world. Australia isn’t immune either, with over 2,000 cases detected at the time of writing. As a result, the federal government and their state counterparts have encouraged us to work from home (if our jobs allow), a move supported by many employers. As more of us cocoon inside over coming weeks, it’s important to keep our furry friends healthy and happy. That’s why The Pets Hotel in Port Melbourne and our partners at The Pets Hotel Country Club in Lara are keeping our doggy daycare facilities open for business. Here’s just a few reasons why socialising your dog with other furry pals can help you both navigate these strange times with greater ease:
1. Your dog still needs a social life, even while you’re social distancing! Dogs are inherently social creatures. Whilst many pooches will no doubt be thrilled to have their owners at home 7 days a week, they also need to maintain a social life, even while us owners practice social distancing! That’s what our super comfortable, super clean doggy daycare in Port Melbourne is the perfect place to take your VIP (very important pet) for a few hours of fun with their pals. Open seven days a week, you can drop them off in the morning before collecting them in the evening. This is especially handy if you’re an essential services worker who can’t work from home.
2. Dogs can’t catch or pass on the Coronavirus - So, is it safe for my pet to ignore social distancing etiquette? That’s a very good question to be asking right now. The good news is according to reputable bodies such as the RSPCA and US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is no known risk for pets (both cats and dogs) transmitting the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to humans or other animals and vice versa. On top of that, you can rest assured, both our facilities are extremely sanitary and cleaned regularly with veterinary-grade disinfectant to keep your pooch extra safe.
3. Keeping your pooch active is good for their body & soul - Being stuck at home for days on end, it’s easy to develop a case of “cabin fever”. Pets, just like humans need exercise and fresh air, with some breeds (particularly smaller dogs) needing more than others. That’s another good reason why doggy daycare is so useful during these uncertain times – with the daily activities we host (including playtime, ball chasing, wrestling, tunnel running etc) giving them heaps of physical and mental stimulation, not to mention time to make new friends. This will also help them sleep easier at night, an extra bonus for all!
4. You’ll get plenty of pics of them having a blast - We’re all after something positive at this time of great uncertainty in the world, even better if that something can be shared. When you drop off your pooch at our doggy daycare digs, we’ll also take plenty of pics and videos of your VIP having fun with their furry friends, which we post to our facebook page daily (please let us know if you’d prefer your dogs photos to stay private). What a great way to collect precious memories and spread some joy across your social network and!
5. You’ll be supporting a passionate team of animal lovers through this challenging time! The Pets Hotel wouldn’t exist without our loyal customers and their lovely furry friends. If you need to give yourself a short break for a few hours or you can’t work from home, by enrolling your pooch in doggy daycare, you’ll not only be keeping them happy, healthy and well socialised, you’ll also be supporting our team of passionate animal lovers through this challenging time. Once life returns to normal, we’re looking to the future and planning even bigger and better things!
Keen to learn more about The Pets Hotel in Port Melbourne? Contact our friendly team of furry friend lovers on (03) 9646 3696. We’re happy to answer any question you have!